Monday, January 28, 2013

Rub-ons

Do you have far too many Rub-ons? If your anything like me then you've probably purchased more than one could ever possibly get through. They are so much fun, they are great for layering a particular piece, you can even stamp underneath them, and of course when you see one on a piece of art especially for me if its vintage in any way shape or form I just have to have it so I can create my own.

Here I have transformed some baby food jars that I am now using in my craft studio. All of the jars I have placed rub-ons on, except one of which you will notice has clocks going round the belly.... this is actually a stamped image on some acetate.

Some of the rub-ons can be quite stuburn....I cut out the desired rub-on then placed a small amount of tape on to assist holding it in place then started to use a bone folder to rub them onto the glass. This can take time...you will need a little patience..... Ok maybe more than a little.

The Lids: I spray painted them with glossy black paint from the discount shop, placed a hole in the middle then added the knobs. Its that simple. The knobs I have used are produced by Tim Holtz Ideaology.

Tip: When spray painting I never spray paint on paper as it always sticks....I like to use a large sheet of thick plastic in the garage (somewhere well ventilated and where theres no wind) .

When finished fill them with your crafty embellishments. I'm a big believer in that if you can see it then you will probably use it.
I've really enjoyed decorating these jars....if you decide to give it a go I'd love to hear about it...drop me a line so I can visit your link.





A little something for the Laundry too.







Thanks for dropping by.  I understand  time is very precious especially when you get some to yourself.....I hope you've enjoyed todays post...enjoy the rest of your day.


2 comments:

Margyz Paper Games said...

Hey Karen, Love these jars. Very clever idea. ox Marg

Karen G said...

Thanks Marg. I must pop over to visit your blog again see what you've been up to.
Karen.x