Saturday, September 7, 2013

Luggage Tags






Hello and welcome,

A while ago I said I would post some pictures of my Cork Boards. You can purchase these boards from most discount stores at a good price.  I inked around the edges with Vintage Photo as they had a light colored frame. At one stage all I decorated were tags and I was addicted. Hense the Cork Boards.

I only really remember seeing these tags on luggage in the old movies from the bygone days. Now they are so readily available to us all and mine only cost 5 cents each. How good is that.....doesn't matter if you make a mistake. I purchase them from my local newsagency. You can also purchase dies that will cut them for you.

Remember there doesn't need to be a reason to create something. Just create, and I usually find that an opportunity does arise to then use that tag or piece of background. Creating for no reason at all is an amazing feeling. The more you create and explore the more you learn and achieve.
I also like to place a couple of decorated tags in my Christmas cards as a little special extra. You could also do this in a birthday card.

OK enough chit chat from me, here they are:




















The inspiration for this tag below was from The Funkie Junkie. This wonderful lady Linda has an amazing shop in the US and her customer service is up there with the best of them. Check out The Funkie Junkie blog and her shop. You will be amazed. There is also a link on the side of my blog.












      Butterflies dancing to the music




 Aaaah of course you are in London




    Some Baking.....perhaps a coffee or two?





      What shall I bake?













                                       














The tags below were created using a serviette. There are usually more than one piece to a serviette, so you pull the layers apart gently. I used the white layer below and stamped onto it. The one below that that says Post Card was using the picture from the actual front of the serviette. I just used a glue stick on the tag then placed the paper down and trimmed the edges.












The sentiment and edges of this Christmas Tag were embossed with white embossing powder.























                      A Stormy Night on the Train. I drew the rain drops with a fine black marker. I really enjoy using this train stamp.



All luggage travelling south bound on this motor car must have an appropriate travel tag attached.



Patrons travelling to Karmar Estate please attach tags on your luggage before departure commences.















The tags below were also bought from the newsagency in a bundle of perhaps 50 or so for around $5. Not expensive. Here I have used some embellishments also.


Incorporating tickets 






Using up brads and ribbon...



 Lots of Tag candy. I hope you liked todays post and I have inspired you to create your own gorgeous tags.

I have had major computer issues lately with our computer deciding it had had enough after 5 rocky years of service,so by the end of next week I should have both computers running at full speed. Posting more posts.

 Also a very BIG Thank-You to my wonderful followers who keep leaving me the most lovely comments. You guys rock!!

Have fun and until next time.........






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, i think that i noticed you visited my blg thus i came
to return the desire?.I'm attempting to to
find issues to improve my site!I suppose its adequate to make use of a few of
your ideas!!

Here is my website - father's day 2008 date