Saturday, October 26, 2013

Steampunk Halloween

Hello,

I hope you are all well. Today I am sharing a Tag I made for another Tag A Long Challenge. So here is my Steampunk Halloween entry.......and here is the link to Tag A Long if you would like to create your own entry or you may prefer to just visit and look at all the wonderful pieces over there.

























































































I had a lot of fun creating this piece. I used my new Distress Paints for the first time on the background. They are a lot of fun especially when you spritz them.  I suspect some-one may of tried to tell Seymour Bones he wasn't Steampunk enough. He doesn't look very happy.

Have a great day!!!

9 comments:

Deborah said...

Love your double tag - so inventive. Distress paints are great, aren't they.

Julie Ann Lee said...

A fabulous piece of work. I love the way you used the distress paints to create such a great atmosphere. Julie Ann xx

Mandy Chilvers said...

fab double tag creation!

Corrie Herriman said...

Love your double tag, wonderful !
Corrie x

Paper Profusion said...

Superb piece Karen. Fabulous background and composition. Nicola x

Maureen said...

So cool Karen! I just love Steampunk too so this tag is just fab! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a kind comment. I have added you to my sidebar so I can be sure to keep visiting you! Happy Halloween!

Candy C said...

Hi Karen. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. Your Steampunk Halloween tag is awesome! The misty, eerie looking background is very cool. I LOVE what you've done with Tim's little lantern! Adding the Mini Gear just adds to it's charm and really makes it look more steampunk! Love the little iron fence, too! It all it really a very cool piece! <3 Candy

Margaret Mifsud said...

Hey Karen, this is gorgeous ... really grungy and fun! Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog and I agree, Heather Jacob is awesome, as an artist and as a person too! You asked about the paper I used in my art journal, well mine is just an artist pad I bought at Big W. I have to say though, I don't use a lot of water on the paper as I mainly use Distress Inks, for sprays etc., I think you would need to use watercolour paper. Hope this helps. ox

Karen Garrard said...

Thanks so much to every-one for your lovely comments. I truly appreciate you visiting me. Karen.x