Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Journal




Hello every-one,

I hope this finds you well. I have been having heaps of fun putting together my first two pages of a journal I am starting.





This idea came from a creation Alison put together over at Words and Pictures.....here is the link  http://alisonbomber.blogspot.com.au/2013/11/write-little-more-often.html

I loved this piece so much.....just had to have something similar for myself and I thought what better way to start my journal. Pop on over to Alison's blog her work is absolutely amazing.

This is Alison's wonderful creation........





Ingredients:

White embossing paste
Black Ink
Vintage Photo
Tea Dye
Black Soot
Vintage Sepia Ink
Lindy's Stamp Gang Dark Chocolate Truffle & Afternoon Delight Denim
Glassine
Paper Clips
Various Stamps
Postcard cutouts
String
Key
Old Photos
Stencil

This is my attempt to create something similar....























































































































I hope you have enjoyed today's piece. Would love to hear what you think. Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

Margaret Mifsud said...

Wow!!! Karen this is fabulous!!! So pleased you've started your Art Journal and what a gorgeous beginning!! Love the colour and composition ... absolutely stunning piece!! ox

Corrie Herriman said...

I loe these pages ! Fab colour combination !
Corrie x

Meggymay said...

Fantastic pages, the textures and details look wonderful.
Yvonne

Kaszazz Consultant SA said...

Fantastic, you are so clever

Kaszazz Consultant SA said...

Fantastic,im looking forward to christmas holidays to have some play time.This is just awesome

chrissies said...

Stunning pages for the start of your journal--can't wait to see more

Love Chrissie x

Maureen said...

Wow, so cool... love the textured effect and of course the vintage vibe and all the great embellies. I love it!!!

butterfly said...

Wow - so you did start off your journal - congratulations!! And I love your take on the pages... beautiful photos, and the inking looks great.

Thank you so much for the lovely shout out. So glad it inspired you to play with such wonderful results.
Alison x