Friday, February 21, 2014

Captain Tag

Hello and welcome,

                                                                     Here is a
                                               Captains Tag I created a while ago
                                               and have only now had the chance to post it.
                                               I believe this fellow to be a Captain as in a full
                                               photo of him he is carrying a sword.

I used a few inks, sprays, a stamp and rub on for the background. I also flicked water onto it.
Whats is that you may ask....stitching??????  Yes that's right I have taken my sewing machine out of the cupboard....yahoo!
I inked some seam binding with black, silver and browns for the top of the tag.  Below you will see more seam binding in 5 different colours....these are his ribbons.
You have just got to love his mustache...how cool!!  I also inked the metal clip with alcohol inks.





























































This is the back. I used grunge paper to die cut some numbers. I also used the Splatters stencil from Tim Holtz, gotta love the coffee stain. Once upon a time we would have jumped up and down if some-one had placed a coffee stain on our work. Now we love and welcome them. Too Funny.




















Just a bit of crafty fun.  I love the fact we can make something look so old from a plain piece of paper. Amazing!! Thanks to all the wonderful Tim Holtz products and some imagination.
One of the most valuable things I have learn't is to just go for it. Its ONLY a piece of paper and if it can't be saved it doesn't really matter. There have been times where I have thought ....that piece looks awful and then I've just added some  stenciling or stamps and bought it back to life. Just have a go, get some ink on your fingers. Make a MESS.

If you find it hard to get you creativity going why not try Creative Chemistry 101 and 102. Tim's Compendium of Curiosities are REALLY great too. Now there are 3 volumes. Here is a link....http://www.onlinecardclasses.com/timholtz/class-info/

Have a great day!






8 comments:

Meggymay said...

Fantastic tag, its a handsome image of the Captain.
Yvonne

die amelie said...

This is such a lovely photograph! And the browns work so well with it. Love especially the numeral tag!

Claudia x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Great tag Karen , fantastic image and I love your design. Enjoy your weekend. Tracy x

butterfly said...

What a fantastic masculine tag - I love that metallic numbering, and yes, great coffee rings!!
Alison x

Anguree said...

Beautiful tag, Karen. You really manage to capture the mood of the photo :)

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous tag and I love the seam binding decoration, such a cool idea that! Couldn't agree more also on all these cool Tim Holtz products, what on earth would we all do without them...

Karen Garrard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary Elizabeth said...

Oh my ... what an incredible tag. I love the stitching. I have not been brave enough to use my machine and display the result yet :) Perhaps sometime soon. What a great idea for the ribbons. Wow!! I'm making a scrapbook for my dad. He was in the Navy during the Korean war. This tag gives me some great inspiration for the scrapbook. Thanks for sharing Karen! -- Mary Elizabeth