Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Birthday to You!!




Hello Crafters,

Today I would like to show you a card I have made for my Grandfathers birthday (I have to say he is my only surviving grand father at 91 and has always been my favourite).  Happy Birthday to you....hope you have a memorable day!!

It basically consists of a brick wall and greasy cogs.  I cut come cogs from a die, then stuck them down on a larger piece of card stock.  I then covered the whole piece with Tim's foil tape and pushed down around the cogs till I was happy with the desired look.  After this I used what ever tools I could get my hands on to make some indentations on the foil.  Placed a name plate and some brads in the middle of the cogs and completed it with Tim's Industrial Technique from Creative Chemistry 102.
Here is a link to Tims blog.......http://timholtz.com/

 If you would like to learn some amazing new techniques to apply to your projects then this is a class for you.  You have to complete 101 before you can go onto 102.  There is soooo much information on both courses...you won't be disappointed.  I have personally loved every second of it. Whats great about it is you can work at your own pace as it is an online course.





















































































I did forget to take a photo of the inside before I posted it.  I attached a black leather tag with an eyelet and added the birthday wishes with a white marker.  Would love to know what you think. Drop me a line, leave a link so I can visit you too.

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

JansArtyJunk said...

Fabulous card Karen!!

Maureen said...

Oh I bet he just loved it! I really like the industrial look. I have those classes on my To Do list... I have his two books and can't wait for Volume III to arrive in the shops.