Monday, February 17, 2014

Journal Page Typography No 5

Hello and welcome,


                                                Hope your had an enjoyable weekend.
                                               We are certainly enjoying some cooler weather here.
                       I thought it was time for another Journal Page. Nothing in particular inspired me for this piece, I just put some products in my hand and went for it.  It has been a while. So here it is.























Randomly coloring the background.













I used a range of stencils here.














Used  featured stamps  here and another with script on it.













This is a surround I had previously die cut. I would normally throw these out but though I had better keep it. Glad I did because I used the top right hand corner flower for the journal page on the right hand side. This was cut using Tim's Tattered Floral's die.













Here it is.














Here I have die cut one of the shapes from Tim's Hardware Findings Die with Grunge board and sprayed it with Lindys Stamp Gang Starburst Dark Chocolate Truffle. (Love love love these sprays).













I love using Embossing paste...so much fun. A little goes along way.













I die cut some pen nibs from Tim's Writing Desk die using grunge paper..love this stuff. Let it dry .














Cover pen nib with clear embossing ink, pour on clear embossing powder, remove excess and heat emboss it, then dip some black soot distress paint onto the tip. Let it dry. This will go onto the dress form.













Previously  for another project I had Inked some manilla folder, sprayed it with some Ink Refresher, then scrunched it up. Because I had inked it up before spraying refresher, the ink started to disappear. I was also going to throw this away and decided not to. So now for this project I could add some more ink with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink and die cut shapes using Tim's Caged Bird die.













On white card stock I stamped some Typewriter Keys in Black Archival Ink. I then inked them with Pumice Stone, Gathered Twigs. Fussy cut them out and finished edges with black soot.















The Dress Form was previously cut from Grunge Board and Inked. The Clock was created using an embossing folder, then inked. The #5 and & symbol  right hand side was die cut from Tim's Word Play die. The Flower was die cut from Tim's Tattered Floral's die.  I used dimensional foam behind the Typewriter Keys, Flower and & Symbol. I also used Frayed Burlap and Gathered Twigs around the page edges.
























































































































I am so happy with this piece. I had a great time creating it too.
Any questions or comments please feel free to drop me a line. Always nice to know you stopped by.

Have a fabulous day!!


10 comments:

Margaret Mifsud said...

This is stunning Karen!! A totally gorgeous double page and beautifully designed. Love how you used the scrap from your die cuts too ... brilliant!! ox

Candy C said...

Karen...Oh my goodness! Your vintage journal pages are stunning. I am in love with your background. That blue and brown really is sharp. Then all of the gorgeous elements you've added...well, just stunning. I particularly love the typewriter keys falling down the page and resting in a pile at the bottom. That is just genius! You really have alot of very cool details in your design...Love them all! <3 Candy

Lesli Giertuga said...

WOW !

That is awesome - I really want to try something like this -
I want the Tim Coffee ring sencil - ]I have yet to have one -
But this is amazing I love the layout - and the stacked type letters

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful pages Karen! Thanks for sharing your creative process!

Maureen said...

Awesome Karen! Just love all of it; the colours, the embellishments... so very cool. I so want that Splatter stencil; unfortunately it was sold out when I was last online. Must add to my next order ;)

butterfly said...

Totally fantastic - just love the colours you've used, and the depth you've created with the typewriter keys floating over the top... There's a fantastic glow to the clock face, and you've used all the die-cuts brilliantly - amazing, amazing pages!
Alison x

Astrid Maclean said...

Totally stunning pages, love how you put this together! The background is amazing, you have created so much depth, fantastic use of the die cut also!

Nelle said...

Oh Karen, Please help me lifting my jaw from the floor. The work you have put into this project, It is amazing, What a work of art.
I just can't stop looking at it.
Nelle xx

Anguree said...

Awesome, that is just beautiful.

Karen Garrard said...

Thank-you to all the amazing crafters who have come to visit here and leave a kind message. I can't wait to start my next journal page. Karen.x