Saturday, March 22, 2014

Say it with Words!



Hello and welcome,

Today's piece has been created for A Vintage Journey.....
Challenge 2 'Say it with Words.' Here is the link...A Vintage Journey

How lucky we are to be happy and healthy is what I try to remind myself everyday.  My picture wheel is about our ONE and ONLY ride to this life and to ENJOY THE JOURNEY.  Embrace the today and now!
I hope my message shows through in this piece.



Enjoy the Journey is from one of Tim's stamp sets.  I also placed a mini globe in the hot air balloon. (I only wish they lit up like the mini lanterns.)  I didn't do a step by step tutorial as I changed the layout too many times.  I used Pumice Stone on the picture wheel, Peeled Paint &Vintage Photo on the balloon and Black Soot on the Umbrella Man.











































Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I hope you enjoy what you see. Any questions or comments please feel free to leave me a message.



19 comments:

Nicole Wright said...

Karen this is beautiful. I love the picture wheel. I see we were both thinking the same thing. And umbrella man is awesome. It all came together and looks amazing. Thank you so very much for your lovely comment. It was sweet of you to stop by and check out the are to TV.

Karen Garrard said...

Thanks so much Nicole. Yes there are certainly similar thoughts in our work this time around. Love your piece. Have a great weekend. Karen.x

Rosie Schirrmeister said...

Wow, this piece of art is amazing, fantstic

Rita said...

How beautiful Karen. I love that umbrella man too. Hugs Rita xxx

steffi said...

Really like this Karen - the way you've split up umbrella man by having the picture wheel in the middle is really clever.:o)

Karen Garrard said...

Thanks Steffi. Have a great weekened.

Karen Garrard said...

Thanks for stopping by Rita and leaving a comment.

Karen Garrard said...

Thanks Rosie.

Maureen said...

Love it Karen! That Viewmaster wheel is great for photos; one of Tim's dies I don't have (yet) ;)

Wonderful creation!

Karen Garrard said...

Thank-you for stopping by Maureen.

S@ndy Diller said...

So clever Karen - I love all the thought and the elements you put into your piece. Makes me grateful what I have today.
Thanks for your visit to my blog and have a great and artful day.

butterfly said...

Lovely use of the picture wheel, and so cute that Umbrella Man is sheltering it with his brolly! Thank you for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
Alison x

toni said...

A lovely project, love your thoughts on life, so true! Great way to use the picture wheel die x

Redanne said...

It is a lovely piece Karen, I love umbrella man and I really like your clever use of the picture wheel. Thanks so much for your visit too. Thank you also for joining in our challenge over at A Vintage Journey. Anne xx

Elaine said...

Love the subtle greens and that pinwheel is brilliant.

Karen Garrard said...

Thanks so much for your kind comments. They are truly appreciated. Karen.x

Paper Profusion said...

Gorgeous use of these dies Karen and I love how you've filled in the picture wheel. The balloon in the centre works wonderfully. Nicola x

Buttons said...

What a clever design Karen. Love it. Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Jenny x

Mary Elizabeth said...

Karen ... this is soooo wonderful. Yes, your message of enjoying our ride on this one journey that we have been gifted with came through loud and clear. I adore the light bulb in the balloon. I think that umbrella man getting his umbrella caught on the balloon and carried away is such an amazing touch. Wonderful project for this challenge! Thanks for dropping my blog and your kind words :) -- Mary Elizabeth