Sunday, April 6, 2014

A priviliged Journey




Hello and welcome,

Today I have another journal page to show....which I have titled......A Privileged Journey!  I found this image on Pinterest and as soon as I saw her I knew she had to be showcased. What an exquisite photo in all her beautiful wears. Her posture just screams confidence. I wonder what she did each day and whom she knew. Shall we give her a name?? Why not.....Clara Rose Winterton....was Ms Winterton running a milliner's empire at the turn of the century or was she an author? Perhaps she sat around in her parlor all day sipping English Tea. I love the way they dressed back in the day. True ladies.

The Grunge key I made for this piece is an idea I picked up over at A Chief's Wife heart's A Fire....Lyla is a very talented lady and has some videos on You Tube also. Check out her blog here.....http://larimore2.blogspot.com.au/

Ok  now lets get to the journal pages.




My double page. 




Lets get started...randomly applying Distress Stains.                                                                                    
Adding image with Multi Medium Matte and over the top to seal the image.                                           

Now for some stamping...I just love these new stamps called Stationers Desk by Prima.                               

OMG!! This part was a lot of fun using Tim's Spritzer, what a joy to use.  I used Distress Marker  Forest Moss.                                              
Now randomly adding some Crackle Paint for added texture.                                                                      

Not too sure this was such a good idea once it had dried as it is shiny. Pages curl up too.lol.                         














Somewhere here I did some stenciling with Black Texture Paste, the photos didn't turn out





Adding Distress Ink to the middle of the two pages.                                                                                   

450 Glue is excellent for ribbon and dries fast.                                                                              
Here is a tag I had made a while ago for another challenge. I decided it was time to use it on something.      

Adding some other elements behind the tag. Notice I managed to slip in some gears.                                 














Adding some rub-ons onto the tiny tag.














Place a hole in the top of film strip to put a brad through and glue the embellishment on top.













Some keys cut from Grunge board. I cut three but only used two.














Gluing them together.



Now to apply some Distress Paint. Once dry apply Embossing Ink and Black Embossing Powder and heat set. Repeat the heat embossing process twice. I only used the black key on this project.


Filling in the gaps with a black marker.                                                                                                      

Adding a Delish Brad to my key.                                                                                                               

By this stage I can feel my page getting quite heavy with the large embellishment in the left hand top corner, so I decided to add some thin card board to the back of my page for extra support.














The finished piece.......





















































































































Well that's all from me today. I hope you like this post. Please feel free to leave a comment or ask a question. 
Have a great day!!!

















10 comments:

Diane Krause said...

Lovely. I love the vintage photo you chose. Very pretty!

Astrid Maclean said...

Wow, that image is divine and a great spread you created with it too! Thanks also for the wonderful step by step! Love how you did the key, that's one to remember for sure!

Redanne said...

The image of the lady is so beautiful, she does indeed look very well to do and also very confident. I love the pages you created and your embellishments are wonderful. Anne x

itsazoo said...

Awesome......I love Vintage......

Candy C said...

Hi Karen. Your art journal pages are AWESOME! I love that they are vintage, too. So many art journal pages are more mixed media and bright, etc. These are really very cool! I love that haunting woman! Her eyes are piercing. Your step by step photos and explanations are very easy to follow. Love everything you did! I also wanted to thank you for the very kind comments you left on my blog and on A Vintage Journey's blog! THANK YOU SO MUCH! <3 Candy

Maureen Kuppe said...

Very cool Karen - what a great project. Congrats on another win over at Tim's!!!

Karen Garrard said...

Thank-you so much Maureen....I couldn't believe it when I saw my name again. Karen.x

Karen Garrard said...

Thank-you for the wonderful comments you have all left me. Truly appreciated. Karen.x

Jess M said...

She is gorgeous. I love the double layout. Nicely done.

Margaret Mifsud said...

Stunning Art Journal page Karen! Gorgeous colours and again, I love your step by step instructions!! Fabulous!! ox