Thursday, May 1, 2014

Compendium of Curiosities Vol 3 Challenge 1



Welcome!

Today I have some bookmarks that have been created using Tim Holtz Paint Marbling technique from his fabulous new book.....Compendium of Curiosities Volume III.  I have my very own signed copy from the genius himself.

Here is the link if you are Curious for more and would like a copy for yourself http://timholtz.com/are-you-curious-for-more/....I  can highly recommend this book.

I have entered my bookmarks into a  challenge that is being run by the very talented  Linda  Ledbetter.....here is the link  http://lindaledbetter.com/2014/04/cc3c01.html
Linda has received a heap of great items to give away from Tim and  Mario.
The Design Team is to die for....you must pop on over and see all the amazing pieces.

This challenge is sponsored by Inspiration Emporium who are offering a $50 voucher to spend in they're online store. http://www.inspirationemporium.com/ How cool is that?

I don't have a step by step for you today as I got swept away in the moment and enjoyed every minute of it. I basically applied Tim's Paint Marbling technique to some tags then with some grunge paper cut my shapes. Placed magnets inside, did a little stamping/ inking and on one of the dress forms I folded some washi tape to form a belt.






























































































































Would love to know what you think of my bookmarks.
Have a great day!!!














14 comments:

Meggymay said...

Fabulous bookmarks, the dress form ones look great
Yvonne

Astrid Maclean said...

Brilliant and such a great idea!! I love bookmarks and yours look fantastic!!

Jess M said...

Love it! I am waiting for my book to arrive so I can play. Did you see Tim pinned your April tag on Pinterest? Woo hoo!

Anita Houston said...

Magnets?!!! WOW!!! I love this! It's original and clever, and decorative! Even without the magnet you would have great embellishments! Way to go! Thank you for playing along with us on the first challenge at CC3 Challenge!!!

Karen Garrard said...

Hello Jess. Thanks so much for your lovely comment. Yes I did see Tim had pinned my tag.....I am really chuffed. Hope your book arrives soon...can't wait to see your creation. Have a great day! Karen.x

Marjie Kemper said...

These are fabulous, and so unique! Thanks so much for sharing with us on our first CC3C challenge.

Buttons said...

These are really clever Karen. I love the way you've made each one so individual in style and design. Jenny x

Terry said...

I think your bookmarks are amazing! I love the marbling effect on each one and you have made something not only fabulous, but functional! Love these! You reminded me it has been a long time since I made a bookmark!!!

Sandra said...

What a great idea to make those magnets! Love the pretty marbled effect! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! Hugs, Sandra

Sherry said...

Your bookmarks are great! The marbling technique worked out so good for you :)

Silvia(Barnie) said...

These are amazing bookmarks.

butterfly said...

Scrumptious - your marbled dress forms make such quirky original bookmarks - brilliant!
Alison x

Mary Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad I have time to comment on these. I saw them a few days ago and thought they were marvelous. What creative bookmarks Karen!!! Fabulous marbling on the dressforms. You have such fantastic ideas! -- Mary Elizabeth

crafty creations said...

Great bookmarks Karen the dress form ones are my fav