Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Royal Visit



What a wonderful day its been.  The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have arrived in South Australia. I went to the Raaf Base where my partner is posted and waited with such excitement. I had my camera set to sport so I wouldn't miss a millisecond. I captured Prince William waving through the car window. Catherine beside him, smiling all the way.

This is my excitement for today. I'm so pleased I had the opportunity to see them. I'm still Buzzing!!!


They are in the second car.




















O'h my here they come.




















Security.








































See Catherine smiling.




















OMG I'm so close.




















There he is. How lovely...... there he is.




















In a blink of an eye its all over.



















I just had to share  my amazing morning. I'm still buzzing! Hope your having a great day!!!

9 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

This made me smile Karen, glad you had such a fab morning! I wonder what they did with the little prince, he seems so young for them to be leaving him....

Karen Garrard said...

THANKYOU Astrid. Prince George stayed in Canberra for one night whilst the Duke and Duchess travelled to The Northern Territory and here South Australia. I bet he was glad to see them this afternoon. Karen.x

Sandy said...

Thank you so much Karen! I would be so excited that I would probably wet my pants!!
Sandy xx

Terry said...

What an exciting morning for sure! You captured some once in a lifetime photos! Enjoy the weekend!

Donna Heber said...

Awesome! I'm so glad you got to see the couple :-)

Candy C said...

Hi Karen. I wanted to stop by and say thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog. I am so glad that I did because seeing these pictures of the Royals on their recent visit to Australia is awesome! How exciting to be so close to them! Thanks for sharing this. Enjoy your Sunday! Candy

Anita Houston said...

Love the royals and seeing them in great photos of yours makes it so fun! You are so fortunate! Thanks for visiting my blog!!!

ßeulah ßee said...

Greetings from "Up Over" which is opposite of "Down Under" and thanks for your blog comment. I saw a photo of their trip where the Mrs. was flinging a shovel in a garden in high-heel shoes and a dress but they were good sports about it anyway. What a fairy tale life they live!

Mary Elizabeth said...

Ok ... that is soooo cool! You were really close. Great pics! -- Mary Elizabeth