Monday, April 21, 2014

Spring Flowers!

Hello and welcome to my blog,


Well here I am with my Flower Challenge!! I really didn't think I would make this challenge as I am so not I nto flowers. I have a jar full and they are the furtherest thing from my mind when creating.  Then I remembered Mothers Day is fast approaching and I haven't even started on my cards.  I know my mum likes flowers so I will give this challenge a go and this is what I have come up with.  The only way I could enjoy creating these flowers was to make them more vintage looking.

My Tim influence in this particular project was to use his Layering Stencil embossing technique from A Compendium of Curiosities III which I first applied onto a tag and then die cut from there.  I also love the way Tim uses photos on his fragment pieces so I decided to use photos on some cabochon.

Here is the link to make your own Pop Up Box Card....which I first found on Shelly Hickox blog......http://shellyhickox.blogspot.com.au/2014/01/steampunk-pop-up-box-card.html

There are quite a few tutorials on You Tube showing how to create a Pop Up Card.

Here is the link to A Vintage Journey....be sure to pop on over and see all the amazing creations  http://www.vintagejourney.com/2014/04/challenge-4-spring-flowers.html.




























































































































































































































I hope you like my Pop Up Card.

Have a great day!!!!

11 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh wow Karen, this is such a brilliant box and such a cool idea! Totally love the way you have put it together, just beautiful! Thanks also for actually following our challenge description and sharing your Tim inspiration! Great step by step too. Thank you for adding it to A Vintage Journey!

Zuzu's Blog said...

absolutely gorgeous... and so much detail.

Meggymay said...

A beautiful project, love all the details.
Yvonne

Terry said...

Karen this truly has such a "Wow" factor! Great steps to a beautiful pop-up box! Thank you for sharing this beauty with us at A Vintage Journey.

Monique Deconinck k said...




Waouh super

Oceo

Ellen said...

Gorgeous Karen! Love all the colors and details.

Ellenx

Candy C said...

Gorgeous box, Karen. I loved seeing all of your wonderful step by step photographs and reading your creative process. It's beautiful and thank you for sharing your Tim influence for this gorgeous little vintage beauty! Thanks so much for sharing with all of us at A Vintage Journey. <3 Candy

Annie said...

HI Karen :-) this is a stunning Pop Up Box card and very inspiring. Love the fabulous step by step and details of the Tim techniques/inspiration too.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR JOINING IN WITH US ON JENNIE'S VINTAGE JOURNEY CHALLENGE THIS FORTNIGHT
HUGS ANNIE X

S@ndy Diller said...

Karen,

This is such a lovely project. I love all your attention to detail like the stenciling before die cutting the leaves and how you highlighted the photo. Great job!
Thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey.

Jennie Atkinson said...

I just love your wonderful pop up card! There are so many wonderful details and thank you for the great step by step. Thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey for our spring flowers challenge. Jennie x

Mary Elizabeth said...

I have been wanting to try this card ever since I saw Shelly's blog. Wow ... great flowers and they turned out fabulous in your card. Awesome make! -- Mary Elizabeth