Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Tim's 12 Tags of 2014 April

Hello and welcome,

It's that time again YEY................I have my April Tag complete. I know!!  I hear you!! I can't believe it myself, but I just couldn't wait to get started.  Two days in and here I am.  Anyway.... here is my version and a few extra photos along the way.  See how I made my flowers from another of Tim's dies.

Ok lets get started......Here is the link for the full tutorial.....http://timholtz.com/12-tags-of-2014-april/
Why not have a go and create your own masterpiece.





















From grunge board I cut the honey comb pattern.



















Instead of using paper like Tim did I cut up some tags I had sitting around. (I didn't use all of them.)



















Apply Glue n Seal to the grunge board then add piece of tag and let it dry.




















I didn't have mirror like Tim so I used Sticky back foil.



















I love getting my washi tape out.



















Not many in there, but enough for this job.







































Next I applied distress paint over entire surface, misting with water and dabbing with paper towel as it is heat dried.




















Here it is with the mottled effect.




















Some distress paint over my piece of honey comb.




















I heat set the paint then gave it a light sand and applied some vintage photo.



















Attach frameworks die cut to tag with glossy accents.



















Now to make my flowers......using some of those left over tags I talked about earlier cut some strips from the Torn Notebook die. Then with scissors make some random slits along the whole strip.



Wrap the strip around the stylus (is that what its called?) lol.  until you reach the end. Remove from stylus.






















Glue the end with a little glossy accents. Pull the edges of the flower out.



















Here are my cute flowers.




















For the leaves around the flowers I used the Festive Greenery die.







































With Tim's monocle  I added crackle accents on reverse and a rub on on the front.




















Please feel free to leave me a comment or ask a question. Love hearing from you all.
I hope you enjoyed my post today....so many photos I know.

Have a wonderful day!!!!!


20 comments:

Maureen said...

Holy crow! How the heck do you DO it? I just finished March's tag!

Waiting for some supplies (as usual) before I can begin. Good thing we have a month to get these done.

LOVE yours! Wow, those flowers are great! Wonderful job Karen and loved all the process photos.

Cynthia said...

Awesome tag! LOVE all the beautiful layers and colors!!

Mary Elizabeth said...

Karen ... I am so amazed with this tag. Wow!!! Love the colors that you used and I am sooooo impressed with those flowers. What a cool idea!!! Love it. Just a beautiful take on Tim's April tag!!! -- Mary Elizabet

Meggymay said...

Fantastic tag, loved seeing all the photos of how it was made.
yvonne

Denise said...

I love your take on Tim's tag! Simply beautiful!!

Jess M said...

Gorgeous work Karen!

Candy C said...

Hi Karen. Beautiful job on Tim's tags! Love what you did and the photos! <3 Candy

Astrid Maclean said...

Love your version of Tim's tag Karen and a great step by step with fab photos! Love the idea of cutting up old tags and your flowers are super. Great idea to do them like that!

Larimore2 said...

LOVE your April Tag!!! And it's weird because I am doing mine with PHOTO theme. But alot of mine are like that. I'm also doing the same tech, but veering off in direction of making it into a special tag for our ygr PURDUE Son's grad from Nuclear (Honors) Engineering in May, with his Bday on 4.14.14 I thought I'd combine them into a thing of how much he's changed and grown these 4 yrs- plus MARRIED in a very nice wedding last Aug to his sweetheart since 1st Gr who is also Honors PURDUE in Education but she grads in Dec due to having to teach at a nearby HS for the Fall Semester. I'm using the same TH film ribbon you have on yours. But- YOU HAVE A MONOCLE !!!! I am looking for those as I am crazy about the IdeaOlogy and am SO EXCITED to see those !!! Figured they'd take forever to hit the shelves, so it's nice to see you have one already !!! Nice tutorial you did, too! And now- back to getting mine done. I worked on it today and probably am about halfway now. I am adding a back to it, and since I am doing doubles (one for his wife to keep and one for Mommy- of course). I'll have to come up with one for her Grad this Dec, prob, too. She'll have one that will have TWO colleges on it- she started out at UMBC (Baltimore Honors school) but started getting heartbroken missing him, so she transfered to her other choice- PURDUE- that she also had been accepted in. It was rough; he was in the top of the class in Honors and so was she, but she had to give hers up and go to the very bottom to come back to IND. Ahhhh...what we do for the man we LOVE! :) And...I guess...for the KIDS we have, too! ;) GREAT TAG, gurl !!!

Genevieve said...

Great job! I love how you use your tags as paper base for your pieces. Result is fantastic! And I loooove the monocle! Well done!

Dagmar said...

oh wow - it´s so fantastic - great artwork!!!!

Cathy Parlitsis said...

So beautiful! I love all your textures and design elements! The flowers are adorable - how ingenious! Love it!

Cinderella Moments said...

I love the aged effects! They turned out so nice. The tag is beautiful!
hugs♥,
Caroline

Christy - www.hokiecoyote.com said...

Loving your hexagons and all the great photos showing the detail on your tag.

Margaret Mifsud said...

Absolutely fabulous tag Karen!! Love your step by step instructions too!! Beautifully done!! ox

Anguree said...

Love your take on this month's challenge Karen. Beautiful as always. Just love the way you used different dies to create unique flowers.

Sonja van der Lugt said...

What a beautiful take on Tim's april tag! Love it!

Buttons said...

Karen you've come up with so many clever idea here and produced the most beautiful version. I ADORE the ideas for the flowers. Well done clever lady. Jenny x

Joanna said...

Beautiful tag Karen!
Love all details.
Joanna

Anonymous said...

Hello I am so excited I found your website, I really found you by accident,
while I was looking on Bing for something else,
Regardless I am here now and would just like to say cheers for a
remarkable post and a all round thrilling blog
(I also love the theme/design), I don't have time to look over it all at the moment but
I have book-marked it and also included your RSS feeds,
so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do
keep up the excellent job.

Here is my blog :: muscle groups