Hello and welcome,
Today I am sharing with you my Collection Folio.
A Vintage Journey is running a challenge called Fond Memories. I can't say I have memories of these photos being taken as I wasn't even born, but I can say the shear joy and excitement of receiving all this information on my ancestors and putting this piece together has given me heaps of fond memories. The information in my folio dates back to 1786, and as time goes by I will be adding more photos and information. It is based on my maternal grandmothers family.
Here is the link......http://www.vintagejourney.com/2014/05/challenge-5-fond-memories.html if you would care to pop on over and check out all the amazing work there.
Yes there is a prize and it is sponsered by Country View Crafts........here is the link http://www.countryviewcrafts.co.uk/.
My Tim Inspiration for this particular piece, where do I start?? Well I had in my hot little hands his new Collection Folio. LOVE LOVE LOVE the Collection Folio's. I recently bought some of Tim's Phrases,Arrows & Numbers and desperately wanted to try out his Altered Surfaces Technique in Compendium of Curiosities #3. Love this technique and will be using it more. Oh my the Cabinet Card Frames....Oh my the cabinet card frames....did I already say that? I had all these gorgeous packets in front of me and all these loose photos needing a new home. PERFECT! Can't forget the Monocles, these are so vintage and I have used two of them which you will find hanging on the outside of the folio. I have inked, distressed, stenciled, torn, alcohol inked what ever I could get my hands on. Lots of fun and a wonderful piece I can now put to good use for further generations. Hope you enjoy it too.
Now there are a few photos....you may want to get a cuppa before you scroll down.
What a lovely mess.
Here I stamped a pen onto paper then glued a cabochon on. Let it dry completely.
After cutting around edge of cabochon turn upside down and glue another image (here I have used a piece from a tag) then glue the flat side to the Monocle.
Here is the Cabochon, on the left is the pen image and on right is music notes.
Here is the altered surface technique.
The Spine is covered in Washi tape.
I have used Alcohol Inks on Tim's Film Strip. This hook is for the embellishments to hang from.
Lets see whats inside.
There is still room here for more envelopes as needed.
Here I glued a fragment (which has already had an image placed on it) onto the butterfly image already on the paper.
Opening top flap.
I have added images and pockets/envelopes to both sides of the insert. So now we start flipping from right to left.
Its all in Dutch.
My mum is yet to translate it for me.
Plenty of room in the back for more.
One side of tags.
There you have it. I hope you enjoyed browsing my folio as much as I had making it.
Have a great day!!