Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Ancient Ruins! Compendium of Curiosities 3 Challenge 2



Hello and welcome to Challenge 2 of Tim Holtz Compendium of Curiosities 3 Challenge at cc3challenge.com.  Linda Ledbetter is the host, hope you can join in with your own creation.

Here is the link.......http://lindaledbetter.com/2014/05/cc3challenge02.html

Challenge 2 is using Tim's Distress Glitter Technique on page 56.
If you would like to participate all you need to do is purchase your own copy of Tim's new book. Here is the link if you would like a signed copy from the Master himself.......... http://timholtz.com/a-compendium-of-curiosities-volume-iii/

I also need to mention that Tim and Mario have kindly given some very cool items up for the winner.

Here is my copy.......







The Sponsor for this Challenge is The funkie Junkie. If you haven't shopped with Linda you really must. I have shopped there many times and she does have the best Customer Service. Here is the link........http://www.thefunkiejunkie.com/
There is a $25 Voucher for the Winner!!






I thought it was time for another journal page so here we go......I have named it The Ancient Ruins! Falling debris.






















Here is my grunge board and grunge paper with Tim's Glitter Technique that you will find in the book above. A little time consuming making so many.... but loads of fun.













Here is my journal page....pretty blank. I started inking.













I blended these inks into the background and also used them on the stencils. I have started to add washi tape.













Now I need some stamping. This has got to be my favourite Eye.lol. Love it!














Here I have added Distress Paint, spritzed it with water then given it a light wipe with a paper towel, then heat dried it.













Here is the finished piece.













The glittery Ruins!




























As I was creating I was starting to visualize the movie National Treasure. It reminded me of something you would find away and beyond under ground.

I LOVE the frameworks dies and the Distress Glitters. Two really fine products to work with. I have thoroughly enjoyed creating this piece.

I hope you have enjoyed your visit here today. 

29 comments:

Susan said...

Wonderful journal page, Karen! very creative idea!

Rita said...

Good Morning Karen. Your piece looks fabulous and the colours are perfect. Good Luck with the Challenge. Hugs Rita xxx

Buttons said...

So creative Karen. Love the way you've made those pieces tumble for a really striking journal entry. Jenny x

Almo said...

Eye Eye! this looks a stunnning journal page Karen. I love the mix of mettalic glitter colours you have used and the way you have stacked up the trellis pieces on the left as if they have just fallen that way. Great to see how it was put together too. Mo x

Astrid Maclean said...

Great idea to use the glitter on the trellis pieces Karen, your journal looks fantastic and a great title for it too!

Mary Elizabeth said...

Karen -- this is just stunning. First of all the glittered trellis inset pieces look so rich against that fantastic background. Then I absolutely love your ruins and the sprinkles of glitter on the page as they crumble. So creative and gorgeous.

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I'm glad you liked my latest project:) I finally have a moment today to visit my crafty friends and pin all sorts of wonderful projects. Looks like I'll be spending quality time looking over your fantastic art! Have a great week! -- Mary Elizabeth

Meggymay said...

Fantastic journal pages. The title was just right for your to go with the awesome details and textures.
Yvonne

Marianne H said...

Love it, so very nice :-)

Anita Houston said...

AWESOME ancient glittery ruins! Love the die of course and the brick stenciling! Fab pages! Thank you so much for joining us at CC3 Challenge!!!

Stacey said...

Beautiful journal pages! I'm now inspired to include some Distress glitter into my art journal. Thank you for the inspiration.

Shelann said...

What a great idea using the cutout shapes, love them with all of the texture and depth of elements in the background.

Bonnie McLain said...

I love what you have created here... just lovely for a journal page... and also for this challenge... great idea. Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

die amelie said...

This is beautiful, Karen!
Thought about using the distress glitter with the trellis die too but you were faster ;)
LOVE your journal spread!

Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog!
Claudia x

Yvonne said...

This is absolutely STUNNING! WOW...couldn't stop looking and exploring your art journal pages! It is a fantastic work of art! WOW...amazing! Thanks for sharing and playing along in our CC3C!

Annette Green said...

Thank you for taking us through your creative process on your journal pages. So amazing and inspiring!

Candy C said...

Karen...your piece is so original and so cool! I totally LOVE how you've used Tim's Distress Glitter to create such beautiful art journal pages. What a neat and original idea! Brilliant! Thanks so much for sharing your art with us at CC3C. <3 Candy

Margaret Mifsud said...

Stunning pages Karen!! Love all the glitter, especially those colours, and a very apt title too!! Just beautifully done!! ox

samboscraftart said...

I love this! You really capture the feeling of falling. I really like compositions that are juxtapositions to one another. Here you have a perfectly put together structure facing one that is falling apart. And it would be so easy to just use all distress on this, but instead you added bling! What a great page!

Marjie Kemper said...

What a great idea to use the insides of the Frameworks die for this challenge. Love how your pages came out... fab! So glad to see you at CC3C. Thanks for joining us!

iGirlZoe said...

Your journal page is fabulous Karen! I love the glitter colours you've used and the broken falling framework die is brilliant! Love it! :)

Silvia(Barnie) said...

I'm missing words, these are fantastic pages.

Hels Sheridan said...

Love your falling ruins... they look very tactile too... fabby pages! Thanks for playing along with the CC3 Challenge x

Ruth said...

Gorgeous almost glamourous ruins! The distress glitter works perfectly and I was drawn to the eye stamp it's great. LOVE the colours Karen, and just wanted to say thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a lovely comment Ruth x

Maureen said...

Wonderful creation Karen! Love your "ruins". I must get my hands on his third book - I have the other two and love them!

Jess M said...

Congrats on your win!!

Rea' said...

Congrats Karen that is fabulous... I made some of those... they are just so fun mine were antique linen !

Shari Trumbull said...

YAY, Karen! Congrats on receiving the Funkie Junkie prize for your journal pages! Love your glittery ruins! Very Creative, indeed!!

butterfly said...

Glorious work again, Karen - and huge congrats on your win (only just catching up, so I'm able to add my congratulations immediately!).
Alison xx

Kim said...

Congrats!!! I love your pages, this was a very cool concept, and yes, I can see the connection to "National Treasure"!