Monday, May 12, 2014

Tim's 12 Tags of 2014 - May



Hello and welcome,


Its Tim Time! Hooray!!!

Today I am sharing with you my interpretation of Tim's Tag for May. This time we are making tiles. I have entered this piece into the Challenge.























Here is Tim's Tag and the link for his tutorial....http://timholtz.com/12-tags-of-2014-may/

DSC09557



Here is my creative process......















Recycling?













This is shrinky dink that has been stamped on. Now I am adding some alcohol inks.













These are my treasures for the tiles. The Titanic Medallion I purchased in 2010 when the Artifacts came to Melbourne Australia. On most of the embellishments I have added some distress paints randomly.













Here are my tiles.














I used papers from Tim's new Wallflower paper pad.






























I am on my second packet of monocles already. 













I am a little obsessed with the Titanic.



















Thanks so much for stopping by!

11 comments:

JansArtyJunk said...

What a wonderful tiled creation Karen...You have used some cool treasures on your piece...Love the medallion :)...and I am obsessed with the little monocles too LOL!! I also want to thank you for the sweet comment that you left on my blog for my Timmy tag :) Jan x

Almo said...

This is a great take on Tims tag Karen. I love the recycling idea with the packaging and the ration book is fab. Mo x

Rita said...

Wonderful take on Tim's tag Karen. I love what you've done. Hugs Rita xxx

Meggymay said...

A fantastic tiled piece, so many details to see on the tiles.
Yvonne

Jess M said...

HA! I did the same thing to male my tiles. I use packaging a lot to give projects a little boost.
Great take on the tag.
Jess

Mary Elizabeth said...

Oh wow!! What a way to showcase some of your prized embellishments. The Titanic medallion really shines and that ration book is extraordinary. Aren't monocles fun!?1? Love your take on Tim's latest tag!

I visited the Woods Hole Oceanograhic Institution (WHOI) Titanic exhibit in Massachusetts. You probably know that a WHOI team found the Titanic in 1985. Amazing exhibit! Thanks for sharing this great Titanic project with us! -- Mary Elizabeth

samboscraftart said...

Very lovely! Great treasures. I love how you have a theme going and the wonderful distressed look is awesome!

Alida said...

wow great work, I love it, thanks for visiting my blog.

Maureen said...

Love your tag Karen! I am obsessed with the Titanic too, so I think this is extra-special.

butterfly said...

What a gorgeous take on the May tag - I love the rich vintage colour palette - and those beautiful individual embellishments - fabulous!
Alison xx

Anguree said...

Lovely take on the challenge Karen