Monday, June 16, 2014

Out & About!!

Hello again and welcome,

Today I am showing a piece I created for a challenge over at Studio L3 here is the link.http://lindaledbetter.com/2014/06/compendium-of-curiosities-3-challenge-4.html
This piece was created using Layering Stencil -Texture Paste Technique from A Compendium of Curiosities Volume 3, page 49. I can't share this technique with you as to enter you need to have a copy of your own....he is the link if you would like to join us.  Tim will even sign it for you if you! http://timholtz.com/a-compendium-of-curiosities-volume-iii/


Today's piece has been added to my journal....now you may be wondering what was she thinking??....we'll to be honest with you I'm not at all sure myself.  Lol.  After studying this piece a little longer I've come to the conclusion that we need some adventure, a holiday perhaps...it's been a while.  I've also named it Out & About!

I can tell you I am having a real blast playing with the texture paste. The are just so many things you can do with it.  On this piece I have also added some more texture to the bricks randomly using the Stripes stencil horizontally from Tim's collection.

SPONSORS:

Tim and Mario are offering AMAZING prize packs too...they have so generously given.

I can also tell you The Funkie Junkie is sponsoring this challenge once again with a $25 voucher! Linda has an online boutique where you can pick up a lot of things from your wish list.  The customer service is impeccable!  Here is the link.......http://www.thefunkiejunkie.com/















































Thanks for stopping by....



14 comments:

Rita said...

What fantastic pages Karen. Love everything about them. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xxx

Astrid Maclean said...

Brilliant Karen and fantastic use of stencils! This looks great and I love how you have incorporated the stamping into it all!

Hels Sheridan said...

LOVE these pages, the use of the texture paste really brings the design together... Thanks for playing along with the CC3 Challenge x

Artfully challenged said...

Love this Karen,the colours work so well together and it looks enjoyable to have created that!

Donna x

Meggymay said...

Fantastic pages. love the stenciling and super images.
Yvonne

Pops Origami said...

Karen I like it very much very vintage looking and love the honey comb in it. congradulations on nice wrk. Stan

Cheryl Grigsby said...

I love the story you tell with these art journal pages. Where is the balloon going? Are these gentleman left behind or have they just arrived. There, I see their bicycles waiting for them. Love it. Love the delicious texture!!

Candy C said...

Karen...your art journal pages are awesome! I so love how you've used the stencils and embossing paste to create such textural backgrounds. Then the colors...oh the colors you've used!! They look like water colors how you've blended them and how they are so striking against the white. I love your choice of stamps, too! It's all really beautifully done. Thanks for sharing your art with us at CC3C and thanks for the nice comments! <3 Candy

butterfly said...

Gorgeous pages - the colours are so fresh and vibrant and I love all the stamping and, of course, the texture!
Alison x

Scarlett said...

Love the honeycomb texture, wish I could reach through the screen and touch it! have a great week!

Maureen said...

Very cool Karen - love the textures!

I hope to get Tim's third book one day; I love Volumes I and II!

Annie said...

Karen your pages are stunning. Love the wonderful details

TFS hugs Annie x

Buttons said...

Journal pages should be all about experimenting and learning and I'm loving the mix of texture paste with the inking and images. Jenny x

Mary Elizabeth said...

Love your textures here. I'm very unsure of using texture myself. I need to get out and about (of my box) and experiment myself. Thanks for the inspiration! Mary Elizabeth