Monday, June 16, 2014

Wings & Things

Hello and welcome,

Today I have a piece I created for A challenge over at A Vintage Journey!! Sandy is our host for this
one and she has chosen Wings & Things.  Here is the link so you can check out all the amazing pieces this fortnight..... .http://www.vintagejourney.com/2014/06/challenge-8-wings-things.html

Tim Inspiration:   On my tag I have placed the bow at the bottom of the tag because I really wanted to use my new Tim die... Tag & Tie at the top.  SSSShhhh... I've been shopping and topped up my die supplies with another 14. Well I do need to catch up before the next lot come out.  RIGHT??? I'm sure you would agree..ha. That will be another post.
I did use a technique called Layering Stencil: Embossing from Compendium of Curiosities 3 which I love.  A lot of inking, stamping,  distressing, glittering, a rub-on  and colouring was all done here.  My colour palette was Rusty Hinge, Vintage Photo, Pumice Stone and Black.  The lovely metal  flower and bird are a gift from Annette Green.  Thanks Annette they came in really handy for this piece.
If you would like to join us but need some Tim inspiration pop on over to his blog.....http://timholtz.com/

The sponsor for this challenge is Country View Crafts......http://www.countryviewcrafts.co.uk/






















I wonder why Tim thought of replicating a bread tie into a die??  What a great idea though. Mine is cut from grunge board.









































I was trying to figure out my Bow Easy and it sort of failed, so this was the result.  I'm sorry there was no step by step as I begun this piece on a crafty day  in another studio. Thank so much for popping by.......enjoy the rest of your day!!

7 comments:

butterfly said...

Rich, bold colours and a really fabulous butterfly! The bread tie is really cool - hadn't seen that... and I love the colours in those ribbons. Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey again!
Alison xx

S@ndy Diller said...

Karen, just love the way you used the tag on the ribbon and of course the color. The entire thing is so lovely. Thanks for you nice comments on the Vintage Journey blog and on my personal one as well.

Maureen said...

Love it Karen!

I worked with Suzanne Dean on the same design team for Magnolia stamps a few years back; she is the one who taught me how to use the Bow Easy. You can watch her great video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd1kEmw7F5E

Hope that helps!

Karen Garrard said...

Thank-you Maureen. I will be sure to check out the video. Karen.x

Buttons said...

Loving your colour choices for this one and the way you've got the butterfly and tag tie used with the ribbon. Jenny x

Margaret Mifsud said...

Love the colours on this one and love your use of the ribbon too!! Beautiful!! ox

Mary Elizabeth said...

You have such whimsy in your creations. I love the use of die cut as a stencil. And i love the bow at the bottom of the tag . That butterfly is amazing. Wonderful tag! Pinned! -- Mary Elizabeth