Sunday, July 6, 2014

Challenge 9 Use every stamp in a set!

Hello and welcome,

Today I am sharing a journal page I created for A Vintage Journeys Challenge #9  Nikki chose a theme to use every stamp in a set. Here is the link for Vintage Journey so you can check out all the amazing pieces that have already been created.... http://www.vintagejourney.com/2014/06/challenge-9-use-every-stamp-in-set.html

Of course there is always great inspiration over on Tim Holtz blog too......http://timholtz.com/

The sponsor for this challenge is: Country View Crafts offering a 10 pound voucher to the winner......http://www.countryviewcrafts.co.uk/

My Tim Influence for this piece came from this amazing set of stamps called Pen & Pencil. I just love this man with the birdcage on his head, and the amazing sketch of the Clock. I created a bit of a tourist scene.


On this piece today I used Picket Fence Distress Paint once, heat set it, then repeated again. Then I swiped Peacock Feathers Distress Stain, sprayed with some water then heat set. Next I added some Distress Stain Faded Jeans which I also sprayed with water and heat set.
I added Vintage Photo distress ink around the edges.
I embossed some white card stock with Tim's Cart'e Post embossing folder which I then ripped up into different size pieces.  On one piece I stamped the Birdcage man with black archival ink, and used my embossing pen to go over the writing and heat embossed it with Queens Gold embossing powder by Ranger.
On the other piece I embossed using Queens Gold and Fine Black embossing powders.
I stamped the bike using black archival ink and fussy cut it out. I then turned the bike around to face the other way and re stamped the wheels.
The umbrella man has been die cut with Tim's Umbrella Man die x 3, once with white card stock and twice out of grunge paper to make him pop out a bit more.  He was colored with swiping the Black Soot and Vintage Photo pads across it. The umbrella was stamped with the ticket number stamp in the set  and has Festive Berries distress ink, once again just by swiping the pad across it.
The ticket paper is from Tim's paper collection and some have been added to the Hot Air Balloon using black cotton.
The Airplane and Hot Air Balloon are Tim's rub-on's.































































































































Thanks so much for stopping by.

16 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

Such a great spread Karen! Wonderful use of the set of stamps! I just love the idea of the string of tickets going across both pages,brilliant idea and so effective!

Thanks so much for joining us over at A Vintage Journey!!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a gorgeous spread. Always love the umbrella man :)

Mary Elizabeth said...

Oh Karen ... this is wonderful. Love the pop of reds and oranges on the blue background. And I adore the tickets floating as banners behind the balloon. Awesome make!

Thanks for dropping by and being such an encouragement to me. You don't know how much it means to me. Hugs to you ... Mary Elizabeth

Buttons said...

A stunning double page spread Karen. The stamping draws the eye around the pages and your hints of contrasting colour make that blue background so vibrant. Thank you so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Jenny x

Meggymay said...

Fabulous journal pages and a super set of stamps you used,
Yvonne

Jess M said...

Gorgeous work Karen! You just keep getting better and better. :)
Jess

JackieP Neal said...

Wonderful page Karen! i love this set too! Well done!

Pops Origami said...

You do beautiufl work Karen it is wonderful and o much detail

Nikki Acton said...

Great work Karen, once again. I love the ticket string and how you have done umbrella man - just wonderful. Thanks for joining in again with us at at A Vintage Journey. Nikki xxx

Paper Profusion said...

Gorgeous, whimsical piece Karen. Your work is always a delight. Nicola x

Lys Scrap said...

I love your art journal pages, and the movement they bring. When I find this Tim's umbrella man on a project, he always makes me wonder "what piece of journey is he walking by, this time?", he's full of mystery for me. and I love the way you bring me in this blue journey!

Annie said...

Totally fantastic project Karen.....I adore the wonderful colours and designs. The stamps layout works perfectly.

Great to have you on board once again at AVJ

Hugs Annie x

Shari Trumbull said...

Fantastic journal pages, Karen! Love those pops of color on your blue background! Very dramatic and pretty!! XOXO-Shari

Almo said...

Fabulous journal pages Karen, I love what you have done with umbrella man, such a change from just a silhouette. I also like the tickets attached to the hot air balloon and the different layers across the pages. Good luck in the challenge, I missed the deadline with mine but have posted it anyway. Mo x

butterfly said...

What a brilliant page spread... I love how the images travel across the space taking the eye on a journey - beautifully done! Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
Alison x

Brenda Brown said...

Love the layers and techniques here Karen, you did a great job on these pages. Thanks for sharing this with us at A Vintage Journey and well done for using all the stamps in a set, that was a real challenge. xx