Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Stencil it!



Hello and welcome,

Today I have another page in my journal complete and thought I would share it with you. Most of you who know me, know I am obsessed with the Titanic with the making of my recent Titanic Folio. Well I thought to myself I haven't done anything on the Titanic in my journal and so I got to work. It all began with this beautiful photo of 'Molly' Brown as we all know her. I found the image on Pinterest .http://velkokneznamaria.deviantart.com/art/Margaret-quot-Molly-quot-Brown-145565616

RIP
Margaret 'Molly' Brown
Born July 18, 1867
Died Oct 26, 1932
Buried: Cemetery of the Holy Rood, New York, America

  1. Margaret "Molly" Brown was an American socialite, philanthropist, and activist who became famous because of her survival of the 1912 sinking of the RMS Titanic, after exhorting the crew of Lifeboat No. 6 to return to look for survivors. 

I am entering this piece into a challenge over at Country View Crafts. The Challenge is to 'Stencil It' here is the link if you have time, its well worth it to see all the great entries.
http://countryviewchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/new-month-new-challenge.html
The Sponsor Country View Crafts is offering a 20 pound voucher to the Winner! Why not join in yourself?

I am also entering this piece over at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge... About a Face. 
Here is the link to pop over and see all the amazing pieces entered. http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/?p=1709
They are offering a$50 Voucher to the Winner.

First I applied my white embossing paste through a selection of stencils. Let them dry.
I stamped the ship onto tissue paper and glued it down.
I then colored the background using my 
distress ink pads. 
I did some random script stamping in the background.
Added some flowers from Tim's Tattered Floral's Die along with some Delish Brads.
Then I added some of Tim's remnant rubs.
I added another Delish brad to the image.
Lastly I glued Molly Brown into position.














































































I just love this image!




















































Distress Ink pads used are: Victorian Velvet, Pumice Stone, Vintage Photo, Gathered Twigs, 
Chipped Sapphire, Stormy Sky and Salty Ocean.
Stamps used: Artful Voyage from Stampers Anonymous by Tim Holtz, 
The World Globe is from Kaszazz
and there were some other random script stamps used in the background.
Remnant Rubs: Elements
Stencils: 
The Crafter's Workshop
TCW267S
TCW202I
TCW457S


Hope you like it!
Thanks so much for stopping by today.

5 comments:

Dan said...

Great journal page! I love that image of Molly Brown too, it's so arresting. Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Artfully challenged said...

This is stunning Karen,really atmospheric,Molly's picture is beautiful too!

Glad you are a stencil addict too :)

Hugs
Donna xx

Meggymay said...

Fabulous page spread, the images and stencils look great.
Yvonne

Margaret Mifsud said...

Gorgeous page!! Love the stencils and that image of Molly is gorgeous!!! Beautifully done!! ox

Larimore2 said...

OH, GURL !!!!!
Your newest creations are just wigging me out with LOVE LOVE LOVE over them!!!
I am a Titanic freak- I love just about anything at all; the stories, books, movies (there are at least 3 of them as Classics now), and items....not to mention our younger Purdue Nuke Engineer Son was born on April 14th...hehe!
The Man Journal is VERY VERY COOL!!! I notice you've gotten hold of the new number tokens (LOVE!) and your work on the altered book is blowing my mind as well as getting it in gear to tinker with another book myself. :) As the cold weather sets in, I'll be spending more time in the studio. For now, I have to get myself in gear for blogging up to date- tons of photos to go through for posting my faves on photographing Summer Fun 2014. But first up is JULY Tag- which I stuck with ocean once again. (SURPRISE. haha!)
You are REALLY givng me a run of ideas to work on- including something like that Man Journal (but it has planes with Amelia Earheart on it) I've had on my "To Do Next" List. Those gears are calling me.
Keep going, Gurl! You are FANTASTICALLY TALENTED!!!!
Love, ~Lyla~