Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Compass Master CC3 Challenge #9 Stamps & Framelits

Hello and welcome,

It's that time again......another brilliant challenge over at Studio L3.  The lovely Linda Ledbetter is hosting the challenges for Compendium of Curiosities Vol 3. This challenge is #9 Stamps & Framelits.
Pop on over and see all the amazing entries here: http://lindaledbetter.com/2014/08/compendium-of-curiosities-3-challenge-9.html








 If you want to join you will need your own copy. Most craft stores supply them but you can also obtain a copy direct from Tim Holtz here.....http://timholtz.com/a-compendium-of-curiosities-volume-iii/



The sponsor is:



A very generous $50 gift certificate from Inspiration Emporium....http://www.inspirationemporium.com/ and Tim and Mario also have a generous prize pack to give away. Fantastic!


I have a card for you today.  I know it's been a while since I made any.  I have used my Compass Framelits, along with various Tim Holtz papers. I have used distress Inks and Vintage Photo Distress Stain in a mister.


I decided to add a mini globe as part of my compass. I stamped the gentleman twice onto Tim's papers. Love how he turned out. Also adding some metal embellishments for more interest. 

This is the back of the card.


Inside I have used the same inks again. I have added a part of the compass and the mini globe stand to create a compass on a stand I suppose.  

I cut the mini globe stand twice and placed one behind the other to create more shadow. I think you can just see that.


Same inks again also using the stamp from the compass set.


I'm mostly happy with this card but I do think it is missing texture paste. It seems a bit flat in some areas. Anyway, hope you like it.  Thanks so much for visiting today. I welcome any comments. Have a great day!




20 comments:

Mary Elizabeth said...

Wow Karen!! YOu are on a roll. This is spectacular. I love the absolute vintage feel of the front with the rolled corner and distressed edges. Love your colors on the framelit and that propeller is the perfect touch on top. Great splash of vintage photo mist at the bottom. I really adore the compass star on the globe! Genius!!!!!! I personally think cards are supposed to be a little "flat" in some places. Although I love texture paste, I think this card is perfect just as it is. Great make -- Mary Elizabeth

Candy C said...

Karen...I just love your art! Your use of soft, blended colors and how you distress things is magic! This card is awesome. I love how you've used the framelits compass to create it. The coloring of your compass is great and I adore the metal embellishments you've used to do the center. The propeller and the game spinner are wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing your art with all of us at CC3C. <3 Candy

Rita said...

Oh my goodness Karen. This is one magnificent card. I love it. Hugs Rita xxx

Cheryl Grigsby said...

Love your card, Karen! Your gentleman is perfect with the layered compass. You really achieved a nice effect with the Framelits, all your layering and the Distress Stain spray. Thanks for sharing it on CC3C!

Nikki Acton said...

Great card Karen - every bit - but love those finishing touches inside. Nikki x

Sue said...

Nope - no need to improve. You can't fix perfect! Great job, Karen.
SuZeQ

Susan said...

I'm certainly happy with your card, Karen! It is gorgeous! It was so clever of you to incorporate the globe with the compass! The gentleman is a perfect addition! Lots of beautiful details! Love it!

Meggymay said...

A wondewrful vintage card, love all the images,
Yvonne

Donna said...

love how your card turned out!

Astrid Maclean said...

Wonderful grungy card Karen and fabulous use of those compass framelits! Love all the interest, both on the outside and the inside of the card!!

Hels Sheridan said...

What a fab card Karen, loving those black spritzes and all the extra details you have added... Thanks for playing along with the CC3 Challenge, hope to see you again soon x

Paper Profusion said...

Seriously fab-u-lous card Karen!! Love all elements, both inside and out. Nicola x

Anita Houston said...

it's always a pleasure to visit your blog! Gorgeous vintage card! I love the compass rose and the many layers you created! Awesome! Thanks so much for playing along with us on the Stamps and Framelits challenge at CC3Challenge!

Angel 007 said...

I like Steampunk very much and find designed your card awesome Karen. I have browsed a bit on your blog and can only say I like your work. :)))

Have a nice Weekend, Carmen

Annette Green said...

Karen, this is a wonderful card and I absolutely LOVE that you incorporated the glove and compass together. Fantastic idea, and your grunge is flawless. Well done!

Donna Heber said...

I love your card Karen! The compass is awesome! You did such a fantastic job. I just purchased some Tim Holtz embellishments the other day and can't wait to use them. Have a wonderful weekend.

Redanne said...

You always have such fantastic ideas Karen, I just love how you added the globe to the compass, it looks like it belongs and is fantastic. The colouring of the compass is gorgeous. Love this! Anne xx

Brenda Brown said...

Love your wonderfully aged and distressed card Karen, a fabulous design.
hugs Brenda xx

Margaret Mifsud said...

I don't think your card is missing anything at all Karen, it is absolutely perfect!! Looovee the aged distressed look and your focal image of the compass and mini globe is awesome!! Gorgeous on the inside and the outside!! Love it!! ox

maj. said...

What a sensationally lovely card!!!!