Sunday, August 10, 2014

In the Laboratory!

Hello again,

So soon after your last post Karen???  Yes that's right today I have another piece for you I created for a challenge over at SanDee & Amelies Steam Punk Challenges blog. Here is the link so you can see all the amazing creations.
http://sandee-and-amelie.blogspot.com.au/2014/08/in-laboratory-our-august-challenge.html

I have to say this is my first time entering a Steam punk challenge so I'm hoping my creation will be good enough and of course that it has enough Steam Punk appeal with the added cogs.  I decided to alter a bottle since I hadn't done that either.  Why not jump in the deep end I say!
I used a lot of metal embellishments, Tim Holtz paper, Tim Hotlz Distress Paints and probably way to much texture paste...lol.

Anyway enough rambling from me.....I hope you like it.












































































































































































































Enjoy the rest of your day!!

17 comments:

Mary Elizabeth said...

Wow Karen!! You have been busy ;) This is so fun. Love the texture you created and the gold highlights. The metal embellishments you embedded are fantastic! I think you did a great job on your first steampunk challenge. Looks like you had a blast making this project. Glad you had time to enter this month. -- Mary Elizabeth

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

Wow, Karen! What absolutely amazing detail you've given to this intriguing piece! It really does look like some relic that was unearthed hundreds of years ago. Great technique and I love how it turned out! I love the medical laboratory vibe of the whole thing. And I don't think it's possible to use too much texture paste ;)

Margaret Mifsud said...

Wow!! I am gobsmacked!! This is simply incredible!! Looooveeeee the grunge look and I say, you can never use too much texture paste!! The colour is perfection and I love all the metal bits you've embedded into the surface!! Love the beautifully grunged label too!! This is simply divine Karen!! Awesome work!! ox

itsazoo said...

it's lovely......

Astrid Maclean said...

Like it? nah.....LOVE it!!!! What amazing textures you achieved (never too much paste in my book...)great colours and I love how you did the label, a totally fabulous piece, just stunning!!!!

Meggymay said...

Wow, this is amazing, the textures and grungy colours make this an awesome project.
Yvonne

Ruth said...

Oh it's gorgeous Karen, I love the 'bones' you've incorporated in the texture paste. Wonderful. Ruth x

Annie said...

what a fabulous textured bottle Karen... I adore the colour and all the wonderful embellishments you have incorporated and the gilding just adds to the overall effect. TFS and crafty hugs
Annie x

Sandy said...

Like it? I love it!!! What a great bottle to have for Halloween,
Sandy xx

JackieP Neal said...

oooooooo!! So creepy and cool all at once! Great job Karen!

Licho_Nie_Spi said...

Amazing bottle!Looks like found in lost cave of mad chemist :)

klistersøster said...

It's the really steampunk-laboratory poisonbottle that I've ever seen for years;-)) it must have been on your labtable for a long time, Love Love

Thank you for participating in Sandee & Amelie's Steampunk Challenge.

Hugs
Susan

die amelie said...

Wow, Karen!

An amazing alteration this is! I love the heavy textural feel to it and the really aged look! Looks like a bottle filled with some dangerous chemical that has been forgotton in some closed down lab for ages... love it!

Thank you so much for sharing your awesome creation with us at SASPC!

Claudia x

Brigitte said...

your altered bottle is soooo perfect, texture, colors, embellishments !!!
thank you for your particpation at Sandee & Amelie steampunk challenges
Coutureuse

Meresanth said...

Amazing work! It really looks a treasure dug up from a forgotten lab. Awesome steampunk feel!
Thank you for joining SanDee&amelie's Steampunk challenges!
Agnieszka

butterfly said...

Jaw dropping texture and such an amazing atmospheric feel to this altered bottle, Karen - it really is a showstopper.
Alison xx

SweetScraps said...

wow that is mind-blowing. It looks like it's been buried for 200 years and dug up to treasure!