Sunday, August 24, 2014

Tim's 12 Tags of 2014...... August



Hello and welcome,

Today I have for you not one, not two, not three, but four tags. I had such a great time in my studio yesterday I couldn't stop at just one.  I absolutely LOVE the resist effect the washi tape creates. Thanks to Tim for making me get my sewing machine out again. This was so much fun. You too can make one for August....there is still time. Pop on over to Tim Holtz blog and there you will find the tutorial to create your own.  http://timholtz.com/12-tags-of-2014-august/

A huge online store where you can find all your crafty supplies is: Inspiration Emporium which you can find here.....http://www.inspirationemporium.com/ & Simon Says Stamp are offering a 10% discount on any purchases.......http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
I have purchased from both stores and they both offer a great selection of brands and products.


So without further ado here are my tags.......


This is my entry on Tim's Blog









































I didn't have the vial labels so instead cut some labes from the Apothecary Die.




















I stamped onto Shrinky Dink. One was cut out and had rub-ons added. The other was shrunk down. A few spares for future projects too.



































Here is my 2nd tag. Similar to the 1st.


How cute are these???






















3rd Tag. The Ship Merchant.





















Tag 4.  I've not been to London yet but I would imagine it to extremely busy. So if you are lucky enough to be there...... be still and enjoy the surroundings.






























































I will be back in the next couple of days with my CC3 project.  Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you like my tags. Enjoy the rest of your day where ever in the world you happen to be.....

13 comments:

Sue said...

The best, Karen. Love what you've done with this tag. Thanks so much for sharing!
SuZeQ

Rita said...

Oh my goodness Karen. I have just fell in love with your tags. Wonderful colours too. Hugs Rita xxx

Astrid said...

Super, super cool, wow.
Hugs Astrid

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh wow Karen, these are amazing!!!! They are all stunning, really, but the first one really did it for me, super, super cool, if this is not a winner I'll eat my hat....


Oh and I just love the idea of the shrinky dinks, brilliant!!

Vic said...

Your tags are so beautiful !!! I love them all, they are very vintage cool!

Buttons said...

These are superb Karen! Each one really captures the essence of Tim's tag and spins it with each theme and colour scheme. And the shrinky idea is so good for this too. Jenny x

Meggymay said...

Each tag has details to inspire. A wonderful collection.
Yvonne

Margaret Mifsud said...

Once again, awesome projects!! Love the colours on each of these tags and your techniques are just brilliant!! Love, love, love!!! ox

kit cochran said...

Amazing!! Hard to pick a favorite, but I do love the first one because I'm in love with that eye. There is a richness to all of the tags, and such depth. They are just stunning.

Mary Elizabeth said...

Karen -- insanely creative tags. Love how you just unleashed the crafting instinct and came up with these beautiful makes. You have such an eye for composition. Love the use of shrink plastic (both the shrunk and unshrunk versions). I agree with Astrid ... the first one definitely looks like a winner to me!! - Mary Elizabeth

Brenda Brown said...

Love each and every one of these, fabulous work.
hugs Brenda xx

Winnie said...

Such amazing tags you made Karen! I had not been able to do my tags the last few months with summer and a flood here. I thank you for the kind congrats on my tag, made my day.

Kathy Manna said...

Love Love Love these tags! The shrink plastic embellishment is amazing! Just gorgeous!