Thursday, September 11, 2014

TownsfolkCompendium of Curiosities 3 Challenge 10Create your own background

Hello and welcome.


I am thrilled to be sharing with you my clock as it only arrived on my doorstep on Monday all the way from the U.S. So as you can imagine I worked frantic to get it finished in time. I wanted to created a Victorian type village with the towns folk in it. Hope you like it!

I have named this piece Towns Folk.







1st Challenge being entered into: Compendium of Curiosities #3 StudioL3, with the lovely Linda Ledbetter.....http://lindaledbetter.com/2014/08/compendium-of-curiosities-3-challenge-10.html
Be sure to check out all the AMAZING work there.



Sponsor: The Funkie Junkie is offering a $25 voucher to one lucky person.




Here is the link to Linda's Boutique......http://www.thefunkiejunkie.com/


Sponsor: The Curiosities Crew Choice will win an amazing prize pack from the one and only Tim Holtz and Mario Rossi.



If you would like to join in these challenges you can purchase a signed copy of your own from Tim Holtz right here....http://timholtz.com/a-compendium-of-curiosities-volume-iii/

2nd challenge entered is:

Simon Says Stamp......http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/ Create your own background which I have done with my town. Pop on over to see some amazing work. They are offering one very lucky winner a $50 voucher.



I started out with a lot of stamping and fussy cutting. The townsfolk all came from Tim Holtz paper collections. The stamps were a mixture from my stash. Then I began by placing the pieces in position from back to front adding lots of pop up dots as I went to create a scene. Once all that was done I added some alcohol inks around the perimeter of the glass. Now to get started on the outside of the clock. I began with ranger crackle paint over the whole piece.  Once dry although some started flaking off it still gave a nice texture,so I decided to try out my new patinas by Ranger and Vintaj over the top.  Once they were dry I went about adding my alcohol inks. Next I added some more crackle paint randomly. My Tim Holtz texture paste just arrived along with the clock only on Monday as I mentioned above.  So you can imagine I have been spending every spare moment trying to get this piece to post by the deadline. So anyway the texture paste was applied through the Gothic Stencil which also just arrived on Monday. Monday was a very happy day I can tell you.
















Here I have added alcohol ink to acetate window on car.






























This is embarrassing, Look at all those pop up dots.lol.




























































Some small embellishments.





























































































































































Here you can see the town clock and more buildings behind.






































































Well there you have it....you have finally reached the end of this post.  Thanks so much for visiting.  I really appreciate it.  Enjoy the rest of your day!!  Till next time..,,

19 comments:

Rita said...

Wonderful creation Karen. Very interesting too. Have a Good Day. Hugs Rita xxx

Margaret Mifsud said...

WOW!!!! You are going from strength to strength Karen ... this is amazing!!! Love the scene you created inside the clock and the outside is equally fantastic!! Fabulous, fabulous work!!! ox

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Love the scene you have created in the clock so vintage . Thanks for sharing the mini tutorial on how you created it .

Inky and Quirky said...

Wow,simply stunning Karen. So much detail,think this is one of the best I've seen....I feel so sorry for the ladies over at CC3C when they have to pick a winner as this challenge really has brought out the best in crafters :)

Hugs
Donna xx

Juliz Design Post said...

Love the depth in your clock and the outside texture and effects with the alcohol inks is fab.
Julie s

Anita Houston said...

Gorgeous color on the outside! Love the photo and embellies too! Wonderful piece! Thank you so much for joining us in the Assemblage Clock challenge at CC3Challenge!!!

Sara Barker said...

Now, this clock is really cool! I love the town and all the people and how you arranged it all. And I'm in love with that paint/texture job! This is fab-u-lous, Karen!

Terry said...

Love the vintage village, Karen! The rusty patina treatment on your clock is fantastic and love the stencil work as well! Good thing your clock arrived on time!

Meggymay said...

Fabulous project, love all the amazing details.
Yvonne

Yvonne said...

Gorgeous...Love the effect you achieved on the outside of the clock..and the way you put together the inside is fabulous!!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CC3C!

Paula Cheney said...

Your clock is really great Karen. I love all the layers you created - (a great way to use foam dots!)

Redanne said...

Oh wow Karen, your clock is fabulous, I love the beautiful colours on the outside and the inside is so cleverly done! Beautiful, just beautiful! Anne x

Shari Trumbull said...

I Love your assemblage clock, Karen! It's spectacular!! Love the patina effect and your use of the Gothic stencil to embellish the outside of your clock body! Fabulous!! OH--and don't be embarrassed by your foam dots!! I love your foam dot stacking :) That should be an event in the crafting olympics :) LOL!! Wonderful creation for CC3 #10!! XOXO-Shari T.

Candy C said...

Karen....I really like your art. The teal exterior is so weathered and aged. It's beautifully done! I love the copperish accents as well. Perfect combination of colors and weathering. LOVE IT! I also really like the Ideaology dripping off of the handle and the bells. Those bits of metal add so much, don't they? And I love stuff that just hangs and swings when the clock is moved. :) Your interior looks great! I love the scene and all of the random people who look as if they are waiting for the train. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful clock with us at CC3C. <3 Candy

Hels Sheridan said...

LOVE that little scene inside your clock and the outside looks grand... Thanks for playing along with the CC3 Challenge - hope to see you again soon x

toni said...

Hi Karen , love your clock! The verdigris effect is gorgeous with the added embellies too. Love the scene ! And quite understand about the foam dots those clocks are so deep ! Thank you for your lovely comments to my blog post , very my appreciated ! X

cheiron said...

This is awesome! I love how you've created all the townsfolk. Thank you so much for playing along with us in the Make Your Own Background Challenge over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

Ruth said...

Hi Karen, late catching up......wonderful alteration, you always do something slightly different.....and wonderful. The details are fabulous, little tags!....and the townsfolk scene is brilliant and so clever. Great colour choice and use of alcohol inks for exterior, so textured. Love this! Ruth x

Larimore2 said...

Hey...I've used popdots in this way,too. Have no shame at all, hon. A Crafty Gurl's gotta DO what she's gotta DO to make it WORK.
And WORK THIS DOES!!!!
LOVE IT!!!!