Thursday, November 27, 2014

Tim's 12 Tags of 2014 November/Simon Says Anything Goes

Hello and welcome,

Today I have for you my Tim's 12 Tags of 2014 November Tag. You can see Tim's Tag HERE
There are many great entries to check out too.

The sponsors are: INSPIRATION EMPORIUM and SIMON SAYS STAMP.  Be sure to check out all the amazing craft goodies they sell.

Now I have to be honest with you this is not the first tag I made, its not even the second or third. It is #4, now I won't show my disasters but I can tell you I really enjoyed creating number 4, wiping sweat from my brow.
I'm not sure if you can see it, but there is definitely some Astrid Maclean inspiration going on here. If you haven't visited this very talented ladies blog you really must........right HERE.
I decided to scrap the embossed opening like Tim's and I just kept the corrugated cardboard Caroler. I did forget to use the foil sheets on this tag. I did use the sprays which are FABULOUS. The hat was from some background I created that had gone completely wrong. I almost threw them out and realized they would look good die cut.
Just to be sure I wasn't being to hard on myself regarding my disasters, I put all 4 tags in front of my 8 year old and said please choose the best tag. Thank goodness she chose #4.   I hope you like it too.


I am also entering my tag into the Wednesday Challenge 'Anything Goes' over at Simon Says Stamp. They are generously offering a $50 voucher to one lucky winner. Be sure to pop over and see all the amazing entries there too.








































I will be back soon to share some Christmas cards.
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Have a great day!!

8 comments:

Jess M said...

Love your tag. Your daughter chose well :)

Rita said...

Love your tag Karen. Feeling festive now. Hugs Rita xxxxx

Sara Barker said...

Gee, Karen, this is wonderful! I love how you chose to go your own way on this tag. That's what creativity is all about, right??? This is so festive even without "festive colors". I love the texture paste in the background and the sweet snowflake Idea-ology. Thank you for having a look at my tag, too! Good luck in the challenges...this sure looks like a winner to me!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great tag!

Sharon said...

Hi Karen: really like your take on this tag, especially the corrogated cardboard carroller die cut and the texture paste background. Nice work!

Shari Trumbull said...

Hi Karen! Fab take on Tim's November tag! I made one, well actually a card, but it was too much like the January tag, so I didn't enter it at all ;) At least you are entering one of your creations!! Good Girl!! Good Luck!! XOXO-Shari

sara j said...

So glad you kept going because this guy is truly captivating. It took me a long time and a bunch of trial and errors too....maybe that's not such a bad thing! Tee hee. Really like this!

jenn shurkus said...

loving this vintage tag!!!! thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp!!