Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Christmas Cards 2014

Hello again,

I promised a little while ago I would be back with some Christmas Cards.
Well here they are:


This image is from Joanna Sheen's Christmas Creations CD.








































Here I have used Tim's Layered Stencil Technique on page 50 of Compendium of Curiosities 3.

I'm not sure where I got this print as I printed them off a couple of years ago, if you know where this image is from I would like to add a link here.

This 12 Days of Christmas background stamp is from Kaszazz. I have added texture paste through a stencil over the top.  I have used vintage photo and walnut stain ink pads and Vintage Photo Distress Embossing Powder. The star was made using Tim's Painted Industrial Technique which you can find on page 46 of CC3. This card has been entered into a challenge #21 over at A Vintage Journey.

Card below:  I have used texture paste through a stencil then stamped over the top. I have used either  Vintage Photo or Walnut Stain Distress Spray. The background of the image is from a printout from Kerryanne English who is from Shabby Art Boutique. I printed these off in 2012 and am  trying to use some supplies up. There was a different image that I covered with another stamped Santa. Around the edges I have used Aleenes Glitter Snow.


This is another card with Tim's Layered Stencil. I have used two colours. on the stencilling and Vintage Photo ink in the background.








This Vintage Tag is also from Kerryanne English 2012 at The Shabby Art Boutique






This card has been entered into a challenge over at Linda Ledbetter's Studio L3 Compendium of Curiosities 3 Challenge #16, so you may have seen it over there already.

This butterfly card you would have seen in a challenge over at CC3, Coloured Crackle.







Any questions please feel free to ask me in the comments. So, that's just some of my creations for the Festive Season 2014. Thanks so much for visiting!! 
Have a wonderful day!!














5 comments:

Lys Scrap said...

Beautiful cards in different styles... For all tastes ! I love those "chromos" images for Christmas. And i recognize the lovely iceskates
Lys.

JackieP Neal said...

What a great assortment of cards Karen! I envy that you made all your own! I was planning on that also, but time just slipped away- maybe next summer I should start! heehee

butterfly said...

Wow - what an array of fabulous cards! The vintage images are really sweet, and I love your work with the stencils. The sparkly ones, and that fabulous metallic grunge look star really caught my eye, and the stamping over the stencilling behind jolly Father Christmas is fantastic. The grungy ice skate and that magnificent butterfly are my real favourites though, I think.

Wishing you and yours a peaceful and joyous festive season.
Alison xx

Samra Leshinski said...

WOW!!! What a collection of Christmas gems this is!!! I am so drawn to this style of crafting, but not sure how to get there quite yet. I have wasted lots of paper, paste, stains and what not, but haven't been able to create anything worth showing. I am simply amazed by your work and you have a new follower here!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

These are each one so very beautiful! You are very talented! Merry Christmas! Hugs, Diane