Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Pay it Forward

Hello again,

I am playing catch up so I apologize in advance you may receive a few posts one after the other. Today I wanted to share with you a swap I did with Maureen from VICTORIA STUDIO . If you want to see some beautiful works of art please click on the link above.
This swap was done through Pay it Forward. Up to 5 people were able to join in  and we could make anything as long as it was sent by the end of the year. The lovely Maureen said she would swap with me. YEY!!!  How happy was I to be swapping with this amazingly talented lady. Well now that Maureen has received her parcel I can share with you what I made for her.  I decided to go with a wildlife, fauna type theme as she has posted before some of the native wildlife that come to visit her at her property.

Here is the domino book I made.

After dying the ribbon which was white, I have fussy cut these cute butterflies, added glossy accent and once dry added them to the end of the ribbon.

























I have done some stamping in the background. then I added my images and have added crackle accent and glossy accents. I would have liked to use Ice resin over the top but it hadn't arrived.





































The Back.





































On the sides of the dominoes you can see the Alcohol Inks I have added.





















































Here are just a few extra goodies I popped in for Maureen. I hope she finds them useful. I also have one of these signs in my studio.......I knew this spare one would came in handy.







Front of the postal bag which I covered with gesso, then texture paste was added. I used various acrylic paints then did some stamping over the top. The gold crown has been heat embossed.



























Back of bag. After the stamping was finished I did add a sealer then clear packing tape around all the edges once the bag was sealed. Sometimes these bags can split on the sides.






































Finally finishing off with a Christmas Tag.







































I hope Maureen liked all the goodies in her parcel. This was my very first swap and I hope to do more in 2015. It was a lot of fun. I will be back soon with the amazing present I received.

5 comments:

Margaret Mifsud said...

Karen these are gorgeous, I know your friend will adore them!! The little domino book is stunning and the postal bag and tag are fabulous too!! So beautifully made!! Thank you so much for sharing and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!!

butterfly said...

That's a seriously beautiful domino book - gorgeous inside and out. I've yet to try one, but this has definitely got the creative juices flowing - thank you for the inspiration! What a wonderful gift for your swap with Maureen, and I'm sure she'll love the extra inclusions!
Alison xx

JackieP Neal said...

Karen I love that domino book!! What a beautiful make!!
I too am participating in a pay it forward from FB...5 people to send to by the end of the year- But they do not in turn send back- 2 down and 3 to mail- I will keep the domino in my mind for next year though!! Thank you so much for sharing!! And I love that Santa tag!!
Oh, and I am sure Victoria will love her package- lots of yumminess coming her way!!
Merry Christmas!!

Sara Barker said...

Oh, My Gosh, Karen! Your domino book is wonderful! I've got to give this a try, but you have given it your own very artistic touch that I know cannot be duplicated! Love it and what a fun exchange! Thank you for all your lovely comments on my blog--I REALLY appreciate them! Merry Christmas! Hugs, Sara Emily

Sara Barker said...

Oh, forgot to mention what a work of art that postal bag is! Your postman must be drooling!:)