Thursday, April 16, 2015

Beauty Journal





Hello and welcome,
Yes I am still very much alive and well. It's been a while between posts as I have been extremely busy preparing for a new store I am opening......all will be revealed shortly. I have to ensure everything is in order before I show you.

I do have something I can share,  another journal which was given to a friend of mine for her birthday.
The exterior is covered with Tissue Paper and I have added Tim's Distress Sprays. I have also used one of Tim's Ornate Plates.

On the interior I have used a Tim Holtz ring binder and large Cabinet cards, all the papers were tea dyed by hand.


To close the journal I used dyed Seam Binding, which I forgot to photograph.





































































































































































































Thank for stopping by.

8 comments:

Pamellia Johnson said...

What a beautiful album Karen! So many wonderful pages, but I sure am partial to butterflies! Wonderful work! :)

Lys Scrap said...

A pure beauty !i love the vintage atmosphere and the different textures. Superbe!

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh wow, amazing looking journal Karen, I bet your friend loved it!

Can't wait to hear your news!!! A store? that sounds really exciting!

Sara Barker said...

I was beginning to worry about you, Karen! but I fully understand about focusing on something so it will be just right! Speaking of just right, this album is perfect! I love all the pages you have made so lovingly for this. What a lucky friend to have received this treasure! I can't wait to hear about your new store!Hugs!

JackieP Neal said...

Karen this is stunning! Love that cover!
How exciting about your new store!! Looking forward to more details!! good for you!!xo

Shari Trumbull said...

Oh Boy, Karen--Your friend is surely lucky to receive a gift like this :) This journal is wonderful and the pages inside are sooo cool :) Can't wait to hear about your new store!! :) :) Exciting!! Happy Weekend to you!! XOXO-Shari

Candy C said...

Karen...this little mini book is gorgeous. I always love seeing your creations because they are beautifully and professionally done. This little book will be such a wonderful birthday gift for your friend. I am sure she will love it. Best of luck on your new store opening!! Exciting!!

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

What a wonderful gift for your friend, it will be treasured I am sure. Good luck with your store opening, how exciting!